When I go back to the time that the Lord called Cory and I to sell everything, go mobile, follow Jesus and live on faith, I’m in awe of all God has done. Where do I start? When we heard the call, we began to prepare our home to put on the market. We made a plan, and I chuckle, because there is so much truth to the scripture that says “Man plans his steps, but the Lord directs his path.” We had a “safe” plan, but God had his plans. We had an order to our steps, but God has His Order and “His Ways are not our ways“... as we thought we would be moving, then purchasing and RV, then stepping into full time ministry down the road. But how it has gone so far, is: waiting on God to sell our home, purchasing an RV, and Cory taking a severance package from John Deere as the Lord has led. But, even in this process which seems so foolish to those who are wise, we have seen God’s amazing Hand of provision. We have seen His timing. We have seen Him remain faithful and in control even when we felt scared, nervous, or fearful about stepping into the realm of the unknown. Below is the timeline of our current happenings. As you will see, they are wayyyyy out of order and really put us in a place of trust and submission! Be sure to read to the end for our latest “God we are in awe of you” news!
1. We heard God call us and worked at getting our farmhouse ready for sale. We had a lot of odds and ends of projects to wrap up in order to make this happen. With COVID19 being a thing, it really enabled us to work hard and stay focused.
2. We sat down with our kids and chose the make and model of the RV that we wanted, assuming we would have to travel across the country to get it, after the house sold. Little did we know that two weeks later we would fall upon a FB marketplace listing for the exact make and model we were looking for, right in our area! God said “yes” and we purchased it!
3. The day we went to pick up the RV, an hour before leaving, Cory receives an unexpected email offering him a severance package from John Deere. Oh the timing- it didn’t make sense yet it did! He accepted!
4. We continue to work on our home and finally are ready to place it for sale. We did a post on FB and received our first offer within a week. That offer fell through. Then this sweet family came back for a second walk through and made an offer. They had been praying that if God wanted them to buy our home that our first offer would fall through. We accepted their offer as a contingency and have been waiting for them to sell their home.
5. Our oldest daughter graduates high school, packs up and we move her off to college. Oh, how bittersweet. The emotional roller coaster has been real. Oh the tears of grief that my first baby has left the nest. But I also feel so happy and proud of her! She is like a little grown up now!
6. Cory’s job officially ends. He cleans up all the family pics and videos off his laptop and ships everything back to JD. They have a farewell gathering for him and he receives a lot of blessings and a lot of closure.
7. We have a donation-only moving sale. God really blessed our sale! We saw lots of friends and some family. We unloaded a lot of things, and raised $2400 toward our launch! Only God can do all that!!!
8. And then, the lull. We wait- and let me just say, waiting on God can really expose all the impatience and mistrust that are lurking inside our hearts! Also sometimes, we “freeze” while we wait on God, but He told us to “keep marching forward up the mountain of faith.” He has been teaching us that His Heart toward us is good in every circumstance we encounter as we move forward. Our buyers ran into a major issue that required a repair on their home that would take longer than expected. So we keep waiting. Keep trusting. Keep asking, seeking and knocking. The doubts and fears that the enemy brings when you are waiting on a promise of God, is a real battle that serves as testing ground in our hearts. We have had days of peace and assurance followed by days of “what if’s” and “did we make the right decision”....but God!
9. Finally yesterday morning, we receive word that their home is officially live on the market, and literally by that evening....they have an offer and are in contract! So they have sold their home in less than 24 hours. We are in AWE of how quickly God came through. He is faithful!!!
10. And now, we wait for the official closing date! Until then, we are remodeling the RV and continuing to pack and prepare for our journey! God is so faithful!!! I am in awe of Him!